Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Five Day Weekend

Last week I learned my company is extra American.

Initially the office was scheduled to be closed on July 4th & 5th …which is pretty sweet. I know some people who don’t have the 5th off—how rude.

BUT we found out that the office would be closed on July 3rd as well!! Yes, a 5 day weekend please.
So what am I doing to celebrate this momentous occasion? Well, first I am sleeping in because unfortunately my travel buddy doesn't work for a company as cool as mine and has some deadlines to meet. Then I am planning on meeting up with my friend who will be in town for some lunch. And shortly after that the car is getting packed up and we are off to Rhode Island for the 4th!

I am beyond excited for some R&R and most importantly time with my family. It has been weird to not be home for the summer but at the same time I find it so relaxing.

I haven’t seen my dad since late February and it’s been about a month since I've seen my mom. My grandparents are off to Spain for the rest of the summer and are letting us take over their condo/house/thing. But more importantly, I was able to convince my grandmother to make TWO signature Spanish dishes for us before she heads off to the motherland…party in my mouth y’all!

It’s ironic that I come from one of the biggest states in the U.S. and we are off to vacation in the tiniest. If you’re familiar with RI at all you know that you can drive through the whole thing in a hot minute but the speed limits are SO LOW. I’m not kidding. A main road that is typically 55 MPH is about 45 MPH…if you’re lucky. It takes some serious patience to drive over there. I just need to remember to breathe.

We will be staying in Portsmouth at my grandparents and my uncle lives about 2 minutes away. Newport is about a 10 minute drive so some time will definitely be spent there. We have a little trip to Martha’s Vineyard planned; I have always wanted to check it out.
Newport, RI via

Martha's Vineyard via


What are your plans for the 4th?

No comments:

Post a Comment