Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Time I Went Backpacking

So I went backpacking over the weekend. I never thought I’d see the day, but I guess when you meet someone that means enough to you…you indulge in what makes THEM happy.

I won’t lie, I had FUN. No shower, no proper bathroom, freeze-dried food (WHAT?!), sleeping on the ground and a lot of dirt.

I am now in love with Lake Placid and as we left the Adirondack region I just kept asking myself, why? Why must I leave? I want to stay and play forever.

Our little journey consisted of a little over 13 miles of backpacking/hiking/exploring. What a freaking workout. I think I had 25-30 pounds on my back and the rocky paths were no joke.


It was nice to unplug for two-ish days and enjoy good company in the beauty that is nature. I know that we will be planning another trip and probably soon. As soon as we left ADK Lodge Nick asked if I wanted to go again THIS WEEKEND. I giggled and kindly declined. I need a nice weekend to relax in Roch! 

Heading into the Adirondacks!

Avalanche Lake
What used to be Marcy Dam
Avalanche Lake
It's not a proper post without miss Olive


2 comments:

  1. How long did it take you to get there from Roc? Like I said, my bro went up this week. Did it cost you anything to stay there or did you just find somewhere random to park your car and head for the mountains?

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was about 5 hours total. We had the pup with us so we made sure to stop and let her out and I am sure that took up some time. So besides gas money....it cost $15 to get into Adirondack Lodge and then $6 to rent the bear canister! Overall a pretty cheap trip! Nick is huge on camping and stuff so we already had all the gear.

      Delete