Friday, July 12, 2013

Mountain Man & City Girl Are Going Camping

Not that this means anything to my readers but our little group of interns just sold our first logo to our client! PARTY. That nugget of good news calls for some Happy Hour celebration.

Tonight we are packing to take a weekend trip to the Adirondacks in Upstate New York. We are planning on taking on High Peaks...more specifically Algonquin. Below is a beautiful image (obviously not mine) of Algonquin in the fall? Definitely the fall.

via 
Now, I have camped before...but not the way in which we will be this weekend. You see, it's always been a tent, maybe a cot, definitely a campfire, bathrooms/showers, campfire food, etc. Not this time. This time Nick is taking me REAL camping. No showers, no bathrooms, a one-person tent, freeze-dried food....all that nature/mountain-man stuff. 

I'm nervous because it's a ten mile hike and the climb can be difficult based on reviews I've read. But I am confident I can do it. So, wish me luck! Cannot wait to share pictures with everyone. 

What are you doing this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the Adirondacks! I can see them from my window right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous!! My mind was blown this weekend, I can't wait to go back!

      Delete
  2. My Brother is up there this weekend! I've never been, but would love to go!

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must go if you ever get the opportunity! Even if you don't camp, definitely try to stay in Lake Placid!

      Delete