Tuesday, June 25, 2013

dessert...I mean healthy oatmeal smoothie

I have recently discovered a heavenly smoothie that really starts my day off on the right foot. I like to make it when I wake up with a little bit more of an appetite than usual or when I cannot get my sweet tooth under control. This bad boy is PACKED with protein and complex carbs that will be sure to hold you until your lunch hour. 

I present to you, the oatmeal smoothie.
  • ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 banana
  • 1 generous tablespoon of all natural almond butter
  • Some cinnamon (really add how much you want here, cinnamon has so many health benefits)
  • 1/3 cup of rolled oats (I use Quaker)
Add all of the above ingredients into your blender. Blend until smooth-ish. Some people enjoy oatmeal smoothies without ice…I simply cannot do that. I add about 6-8 ice cubes and then blend until it hits that nice smoothie consistency.

**Note: you can do up to a ½ cup of rolled oats; it’s really up to you. The more you add the thicker it will be. I suggest starting with less and then working up to more.
via.




Sadly I have not snapped a picture of my smoothie but mine mostly resembles this.

I encourage you to be Martha Stewart-esque and throw some extra cinnamon on top for presentation because, why the hell not?!

xo

Gab

No comments:

Post a Comment