Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Television

While I am in the middle of moving and finishing my internship up, let's talk TV.
______________________________________________________________________________

The time is slowly but surely approaching, with school starting soon it will be here before you know it, FALL TV! Judge me. I do not care.

I have come to find that I am a bit of a TV junkie and if you are too, I think we can blame DVR, Netflix, Hulu Plus and HBO Go for that. I know that those services play a large contribution as to why I am into so many different shows. Those services allow me (either a full-time student or full-time employee, depending) to watch new and old series seamlessly without having to catch them live on TV. There is nothing more I look forward to on a long Christmas break during the school year than activating my Netflix account for a few weeks and just watching, watching, watching everything I have missed or try and get into a new show that everyone is talking about. So what am I into?

currently

  • Bachelor/Bachelorette [ABC]-shut up, you watch it too. How boring was Des? Hola, Juan Pablo!
  • The Newsroom [HBO]
  • True Blood [HBO]
  • Sons of Anarchy [AMC]-not in season but I’m watching this on Netflix when I have time…a MUST watch

fall premiere

  • The Vampire Diaries 10/10 [CW] - ok, so it’s not HBO’s True Blood by any stretch but dang, it’s good.
  • Homeland 9/29 [Showtime] -just WOW. If you haven’t seen this beast then you aren’t living to the fullest. I HIGHLY recommend this show. I picked it up last fall and cruised through the first season in time for the release of season 2. My only regret is that now that I am caught up I just have to sit and wait
  • Revenge 9/29 [ABC]- Sadly, Grey’s Anatomy isn’t what it used to be, Desperate Housewives is over, and Brothers & Sisters fell off the map a while ago. But hey, that’s OK, ABC always has a trick up their sleeves and this is one of them! My mom and dad had been watching this one weekly and there was always some buzz on social media about it but I just never had the time to sit down and dive in. Well, thanks to a cute throat infection I caught earlier in the summer, I found myself in bed for a few days and TA-DA, I love Revenge. Seriously though, women + hot men + the Hamptons, how could it not be good?
  • Sons of Anarchy 9/10 [AMC] - I’m into vampires, zombies and old world battles between families that have too many weapons—why not add a badass biker gang in there too? My curiousity peaked and it was on Netflix so I gave it a chance. I am so glad I did because the drama on Sons is different than any other on TV. I am not completely caught up on this one yet but the new season is about to start and I hear the trailer is jaw dropping. 

shows I miss

  • GIRLS [HBO] - if you love SATC then GIRLS is for you. This is such a raw and honest look into the lives of a few 20-somethings trying to navigate their way around their awkward encounters and NYC.
  • Game of Thrones [HBO] - I like to call this one the “unexpected love”. When my boyfriend and I started dating in the Fall of 2012 he suggested that we be two characters from Game of Thrones for Halloween. That was all fine and dandy because I thought their outfits were rockin’ but I needed to know more! Boy oh boy do I love me some Game of Thrones. Ladies, I know this show looks intimidating but give it a chance and pay close attention… oh and there are plenty of naked men ;).

shows to watch

These shows have been buzzin’ on all forms of social media lately. If you are in a TV rut and want to try something new I recommend one of these…

  • Orange is the New Black [Netflix Original] - “The story of Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling), a woman in her thirties who is sentenced to 15 months in prison after she is convicted of a decade old crime of transporting money for her drug dealing girlfriend (Laura Prepon).” -IMBD

    Note: This one is a Netflix original and that’s part of the reason why it’s such a buzz right now. Netflix is breaking into the world of the Emmy’s. OITNB is from the creator of Weeds, so naturally I watched it because I loved Weeds until it completely took a nose dive. It’s SO easy to see the parallels of how it’s written and how the characters develop. I am on episode 7 of season 1 and I just don’t love it like I thought I would. I will probably finish season one just to completely give it a chance. BUT don’t let my opinion sway you, I know plenty of people that are very into it!
  • Ray Donovan [Showtime] - “Ray Donovan, a professional "fixer" for the rich and famous in LA, can make anyone's problems disappear except those created by his own family.” –IMBD
  • House of Cards [Netflix Original] - “A Congressman works with his equally conniving wife to exact revenge on the people who betrayed him.” -IMBD


    What are some of your favorite shows?


No comments:

Post a Comment