Friday, August 16, 2013

HOME

Ladies and gentlemen the time is finally here. Tomorrow morning I'm putting myself on a plane to go home to arguably one of the best places on earth. 

Austin, Texas y'all. 

While I am used to being away from home and part of the reason I chose to school in NY... I am not used to being away for over 6 months. While I pride myself on my ability to be a girl in her early 20s that can march to the beat of her own drum, I just need to go home. This time it's about family for me. I have a niece waiting for me to become her Godmother on Saturday, a sister who I haven't seen since the end of February, and two pups that I need kisses from! It's time to surround myself with the people who have been there for me my whole life...and eat a lot of good food. 

If you know me at all I am a Texan through and through and I will always stick up for the Lone Star State. Yes Yankess, I am looking at you.... I invite you to Texas so you can quit thinking it's all farms! Needless to say, it's about damn time for my return, even if it's only for 5 days...sigh. What's even more crazy is that after those 5 days my mom and dad will be joining me back here in Rochester to help get me settled in my new place so I can start my SENIOR YEAR of college...WHAT. Yeah, I am going to postpone my anxiety about that for later.

Besides family, my bed and my dogs I am looking forward to FOOD. Yes, food. I love food. I especially love the food I can find in Texas. 

Things at the top of my "To-Eat" list include:

Chuy's Tex-Mex
Z Tejas
Salt Lick Barbecue
Homeslice Pizza
Saltgrass Steakhouse
Tio Dan's Puffy Tacos
Round Rock Donuts
Juan in a Million

...the list goes on. I'm not even worried about the potential 5 pounds I will gain. When in Austin, right?









1 comment: